Gevo – Next Generation Biofuels
345 Inverness Drive South, Building C, Suite 310
Englewood, CO 80112
Gevo’s team of biofuel experts is developing the next generation of biofuels that will provide a sustainable path to the replacement of petrochemicals like gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
Advanced biofuels, which include butanol, isobutanol and other alcohol systems will:
- Deliver the performance of gasoline without the environmental impact
- Help to eliminate supply scarcity and reduce our dependency on foreign oil
- Reduce greenhouse gases and dirty emissions
Making Renewable Fuels An Affordable Reality
Advanced biofuels like isobutanol and butanol can also address many challenges that first-generation biofuels such as ethanol have faced on their path to market: energy efficiency, transport and the need to modify existing engines. In contrast, butanol:
- Has a higher energy content per gallon than many first generation biofuels
- Does not absorb water and can be transported through the existing oil and gas distribution infrastructure.
- Can be used in gas-powered vehicles without modification or blending, which eliminates our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Chief Executive Officer – Pat Gruber, PhD, MBA
- Co-founder, Vice President & Chief Scientific Officer – Matthew W. Peters, PhD
Co-founder & Director of Research – Peter Meinhold, PhD
VP of Bioprocessing & Engineering – David Glassner, PhD
Director, Analytical and Process Analytical Chemistry – Jim Wade, PhD
VP of Business Development – Tom Dries, MBA
General Counsel – Brett Lund, JD, MBA
Director of Fermentation Development & Quantitative Physiology – Aristos Aristidou, PhD
Partners and Investors
Virgin Green Fund
“Through Virgin Fuels, we look for investments in companies–such as Gevo–that will help to significantly reduce net greenhouse gas emissions, improve management of scarce resources, and have a long-term positive impact on our society.” – Virgin founder, Richard Branson
Founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Green Fund was established to invest up to $400 million in U.S. and European companies in the renewable energy and resource efficiency sectors whose goals are to:
- Reduce net greenhouse gas emissions and/or improving management of scarce resources,
- Operate in environmentally and economically sustainable markets, and
- Have a long-term positive impact on their communities and society more broadly
“I think Gevo’s got fantastic scientific founders, great technology and a lot of very strong intellectual property. I think with our support and the support of Richard Branson of Virgin, it’ll be pretty exciting.” – Samir Kaul, General Partner at Khosla Ventures
Vinod Khosla, who was recently named the #1 Venture Capitalist by Forbes and Fortune, founded Khosla Ventures to offer venture assistance, strategic advice and capital to entrepreneurs. The firm helps entrepreneurs extend the potential of their ideas in both traditional venture areas like the Internet, computing, mobile, and silicon technology arenas, but also supports breakthrough scientific work in clean technology areas such as bio-refineries for energy and bioplastics, solar, battery and other environmentally friendly technologies.