Tel.: +49 (0)30 63 92 – 38 00 / – 38 42
Fax: +49 (0)30 63 92 – 38 01
Sulfurcell has been manufacturing and developing thin-film solar modules based on chalcopyrite-type semiconductors (CIS/CIGSe) since 2003. As an industrial company in Berlin their origin is at the Hahn-Meitner-Institut, Europe’s largest research institute on thin-film photovoltaics. To date technological leadership as well as continuous improvement of their products have been their principal goals.
Driven by entrepreneurs the company is supported by renowned private equity investors and strategic partners such as Intel Capital, Climate Change Capital and the BEU fund owned by Gaz de France and Vattenfall Europe.
Their modules feature an unobtrusive and homogeneous outward appearance and meet the highest aesthetic expectations. Since market introduction in 2005 they are integrated in roofs or facades and give buildings a modern and distinguished design. Long-term stability and high quality standards have been proven at TUV Rheinland, where all tests with respect to IEC 61646 have been passed.
Sulfurcell distributes their solar modules via selected system integrators. In order to fulfill the booming demand, Sulfurcell started to expand their production in July 2008. Their second factory will have a capacity of 75 MW.
Sulfurcell solar modules come in three different designs:
framed standard module
- Sulfurcell solar modules are protected from the harshest weather conditions by means of an EVA plastic film and a glass pane. Providing the solar modules with torsion-resistant, corrosion-resistant aluminium frames guarantees a long service life and durability.
- Sulfurcell provides a ten-year guarantee on 90% and a 20-year guarantee on 80% of the electric power.
- For quick and safe installation on site, the Sulfurcell solar modules come pre-assembled with connection cable and plug-in system.
- Sulfurcell stands for first-class workmanship – made in Germany.
- Sulfurcell modules have passed the stringent TÜV testing according to IEC61646