8201 E. Riverside Dr. Suite 600
Austin, Texas 78744-1604
Solar power isn’t new. What’s new is commercializing solar products to the point of mass-market adoption. HelioVolt’s innovation is at the very core of this turning point for energy production. A high-speed and exceptionally flexible solution, HelioVolt’s FASST™ technology is the breakthrough to a new generation of customized photovoltaic products – high in quality, low in cost, seamlessly integrated into the buildings we live and work in every day.
Technology – Thin Film CIGS
Sidestepping a dependence on costly silicon, Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) is inherently nature’s best solar-absorbing material. Leading the way for cost- and performance-efficient solar power-generation, CIGS offers a number of key benefits:
- Thinner is better: Calling for a layer 100 times thinner than conventional silicon solar systems, CIGS material efficiencies drive down costs. In fact, a few dollars’ worth of CIGS raw ingredients can deliver the same power as a hundred dollars’ worth of silicon wafers. Manufactured with HelioVolt’s FASST™ technology, our products deliver a comparable performance to multi-crystalline silicon. They also bypass the costly assembly of cells made of silicon, and certain other thin films, into modules.
- Best performance: CIGS is the most durable and efficient thin-film material to replace silicon for solar systems.
- Long life: Weather-resistant and robust, with lifespan and warranties equivalent to silicon.
- Seamless: Our thin-film CIGS can be printed directly onto a variety of construction materials, creating energy-generating building products. Think of it as one-step solar.
Technology – FASST
What sets HelioVolt apart is their award-winning manufacturing process, FASST™. Like its name implies, they’ve developed the fastest and most cost-effective technology for printing thin-film CIGS on the market today. 10 to 100 times faster than current processes, HelioVolt’s FASST™ method manufactures a photovoltaic thin film that is 100 times thinner than traditional silicon. The potential: new landscapes wrapped in solar skin. Customizable to architectural design. Aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- Rapid and revolutionary: Their patented solar “printing” process is a high-speed, large-area method for manufacturing silicon-free thin-film photovoltaics for commercial-scale production. Many times faster than other thin-film technologies, the real advantage of FASST™ is its unique ability to nano-engineer solar thin films.
- Flexible and customizable: HelioVolt can print directly onto multiple construction materials – glass, steel, metal, composites and some polymers. Mindful of architectural aesthetics, our method enables customization in a range of shapes and sizes. The market opportunity: a new breed of seamlessly solarized building materials, architectural modules and building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) products – what we call PV “power buildings.”